Examples of the different space types

Deleted user April 7, 2021

The current Confluence environment that I work in has a specific template with lots of customizations that we use when we create a new space.  We're moving to a different environment where space creation is done using the out of the box space templates.  I'm trying to see an example of what a new space looks like when using each of the templates:

• Knowledge Base
  • Team Space
  • Documentation Space
  • Software Project Space

Are there illustrations or examples that can be looked at before just blindly choosing one?  I'm aware of this page with info on the space types - https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/create-a-space-from-a-template-829076185.html - but wanted to see examples/illustrations of each. Sorry if the answer is in front of my eyes - I've searched and haven't found it.

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Gustavo P
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2021

Hi Debbi, 

When you use any of the space templates you will have some steps on them so you can test them out. 

And if you need some data you can also use templates for pages. 

Unfortunately, I don't know of any examples or illustrations for them because every user will adapt the spaces to their own need.  

Maybe the following video can help you: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFF4D4I19ms

Cheers!

Deleted user April 7, 2021

Thank you!  I'll check out the video as it looks like they might be demo'd.  Unfortunately, I don't have a lab or test environment to try each of the templates out which is why I asked.  I'd have to go through and create new spaces to see the layout of each and I'm trying to avoid that.

I appreciate the quick reply!

Like # people like this
David Alpert February 8, 2023

@Gustavo P while I understand that each person will customize the space to their own needs, that was not really the question.

The question was " I'm trying to see an example of what a new space looks like" which is focused on understanding what new spaces look like with these templates before user customization.

I found this question because I too am having this difficulty, nearly 2 years later.

In particular the description of the Knowledge Base and Documentation Space are nearly identical.

Why would I pick one over the other?

confluence-space-templates.png

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events