cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when added jira gadgets on confluence

Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2013

Getting below error , when i added jira gadgets in confluence.

jira and confluence are running with valid SSL certificates. Both the servers are running in the same timezone also.

Error rendering macro 'jiraissues' : The JIRA server returned a trusted apps error: OLD_CERT; Certificate too old. Application: {0} Certificate Created: {1} Timeout: {2

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2013

Hello there,

That happened because there is a date/time difference between the JIRA server and Confluence server. Most often, the problem occurs after re-starting one of the application's server, whereby the NTP is not timely synchronized, causes an offset.

What you can do to fix this issue:

• Verify the system clocks are similar. If the servers are in different timezones, ensure that their OS timezones are set correctly. Use a NTP time server if you're finding the clocks are going out of sync very often.
  • Increase the timeout value as per our Configuring Trusted Applications Authentication for an Application Link documentation.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

WZ

Antony Galdi May 7, 2014

In a given scenario with both running on the same server, without SSL, the "date/time out of sync" issue seem moot. I'd also expect timeouts of 10000 would be sufficient in this scenario. Are there other avenues of troubleshooting that should be looked in to?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events