Error importing word document

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2012

When importing a Word document I get an error:

com.atlassian.confluence.pages.DuplicateDataRuntimeException: A page already exists with the title XXXXXX in the space with key ~YYYYYY
at com.atlassian.confluence.pages.DefaultPageManager.throwIfDuplicateAbstractPageTitle(DefaultPageManager.java:827)

However I set the option to Rename imported pages if page name already exists. This is Confluence 3.5.7

This seems to be a bug. Is it fixed in another version?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joerg Bencke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2012

Works in my version (4.1).

You can choose

• rename new pages
  • update existing pages with new version
  • delete existing pages
Venkatesh Prasad August 5, 2020

I am having the same problem. How was this fixed please ?

I have tried with the radio button 'Rename imported pages if page name already exists' but it won't rename any pages and just keeps giving the error message as Adolfo mentioned above in his question.

Please let us know if there is any work around for this. Its really frustating as I have about 3000 requirements I am importing from another tool.

0 votes
Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 2, 2012

I would have raised this questions with Atlassian support.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events