Error: [com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxLazyException] Unexpected close tag ; expected . at [row,col {unknown-s

mitchel.k May 19, 2021

Hi guys,

I'm getting the following error in a Page Properties Report (see the attached photo):

Error: [com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxLazyException] Unexpected close tag ; expected . at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [10,14]

What do I need to do to fix this?

Schermafbeelding 2021-05-19 om 10.46.54.png

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2021

One quick thing to rule out - have you used any special characters (punctuation marks or braces like {([,.;! type things) in a property?

Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2021

I am having this same issue in a Confluence Page Property Report. 

The table cell affected includes a Status macro and Bullet points on the text. 

If I remove the Status macro, I still get the error in the PPReport. 

If I remove the bullets, it works fine in the PPReport. 

If I remove the second line, the bullet in the first line works fine. 

No special characters were used. 

Page Properties Report

WstxLazy 2021-05-19 110452.png

Page Properties on the original page.

WstxLazy-2 2021-05-19 110452.png

I tried looking at the View Storage Format for the background code, but since I don't know what to look for there, it didn't help me. 

<p>Update</p></th>
<td>
<p> <ac:structured-macro ac:name="status" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="d55d932e-7027-46de-a272-9951b2d82b23"><ac:parameter ac:name="title">update</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="colour">Blue</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro>  ACHI held another call with Starmount. The plan is split into two phases:</p>
<ul>
<li>
<p>Phase 1: Correct outstanding data issues with DNT and ELG. A follow up email will be sent this week and another call will be held in a month for updates.</p></li>
<li>
<p>Phase 2: Submission of the new claim system the timeline for which will be established once Phase 1 is complete.</p></li></ul>
<p /></td></tr>
<tr>
<th>

Gotta say, this is making me insane because there doesn't seem to be a reason for it. Another cell in the same Page Properties table contains bullets and is working fine. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2021

Page properties are not expected to be made up of complex blocks of text with formatting and so on, they're expected to be more property-like - some.text.thing and not a lot else.

I suspect it's choking on that (which is why I suggested punctuation).   I'd try removing all the formatting and then building it back up until it fails (although I suspect you'll find the : in the text are the problem)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events