Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Failed to get macro details

Jose Tristao June 25, 2020

Pages in Confluence that have tables are buggy as hell.   I have received this error message several times:  Failed to get macro details.   And the page won't load.  Also it takes forever to load the page and it constantly times out when trying to go into edit mode.

Can someone please tell me what is the issue.

Thank you.

José

2 answers

0 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2020

Hi @Jose Tristao ,

We've discovered the same issue. What macro do you use on this page?

Jose Tristao December 18, 2020

Sorry, didn't get any notices that there were any replies to my post so didn't come back here.  

I was using the "Table Filter" Macro.   The problem is that I was attaching PDF documents on one of the Columns on the table.  After I removed that column the error stopped.  Also this Macro doesn't handle too well tables with too many rows. 

Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2021

This happens when there is "too much" content inside the macro. There is a 2MB limit for the macro content size in the new editor in Confluence Cloud. If the content is greater, the macro won't even try to render and will show the message.

At the same time, it works fine in the legacy editor that has no limits.

0 votes
Gian Israel Nampi June 26, 2020

Hi @Jose Tristao

1. Have you installed any macro apps in your confluence? if yes can you check if it has a new update or the evaluation period has expired?
  2. Did you create the page your self or was imported from other source?
  3. Macro usage might be helpful. go to Settings -> Administration -> Macro Usage.
  4. You can also configure the default theme and language. Go to Settings -> Configuration -> Configure Code Macro.
  5. You can integrate or add Macro apps using the marketplace. go to Settings -> Atlassian MarketPlace -> Find new Apps.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events