Error: Details can only be used on pages or blog posts

Huseyin Firincioglulari March 19, 2013

Hello - I am trying to create a page template with several fields on it (e.g. field A, field B, field C), and would like to then list each page created via the template in a tabular format. So if I have 10 pages, I would have a column for A, B and C. When I try to do this using Page Properties macro so that I can later user Page Properties Report macro, upon previewing my page, I get "Details can only be used on pages or blog posts" in the place where I placed the Page Properties macro in my template. Any idea why this is happening and how to solve it?

3 answers

0 votes
Kai Sun June 20, 2013

i got the same issue! anyone can tell me how to fix this? if it's a bug, when it can be solved?

0 votes
Markus Lepper June 12, 2013

This error is already reported: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-28573

0 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2013

Hi,

This typically happens because of a coding error in the macro. If the developer writes code that specifically checks for the presence of the parent page or blog post, the macro may then no longer work on a page template (since this is technically a different entity).

What version of Confluence are you using? This probably needs to be reported as a bug.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events