cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic Link in confluence

Assaf Eitan May 31, 2022

Hi all, 

I have been  trying to add an issue to the confluence - this works just fine

then to link that issue with other issues (epic/or other issues) , I saw that there was a way when creating the new issue - to click on a box to "Link to Epic" but I can't see it when trying to create a new issue.

Does anyone knows why?

Or if someone knows how can I link an issue from confluence to an epic or other issues?

Thanks in advanced,

Assaf

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2022

Hi @Assaf Eitan ,

if you use JIRA Issue macro, then you can link just an issue to a confluence page. 

If you want to have a set of issue within your page you should use JIRA Issues Macro with a JQL inside that retrieves epic and linked issues. 

Example :

key = EMEA-2459 OR "Epic Link" = EMEA-2459 OR issue IN subtasksOf(' "Epic Link" = EMEA-2459 ')

where EMEA-2459 is the key of your epic.

Hope this helps,

Fabio 

Assaf Eitan May 31, 2022

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ thanks for the answer! 

From what I understand what you are suggesting here is to only view in my confluence page the issues that are linked to my epic, 

What Im trying to get - is the way to create from scratch an issue on my confluence and link it to an epic from my confluence page,

Is it possible ? 

Thanks! 

Assaf 

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2022

Hi @Assaf Eitan ,

from confluence you can create an issue in a fast way (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEMDz0D4JmE) but not all fields of a jira creation screen will be displayed.

My suggestion is to use jql in a JIRA Issue macro as suggested previously and create your issue directly in JIRA.

Fabio

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events