Enabling HTML Macro

Ewgenij Sokolovski March 19, 2014

Hello, community. Do I understand it right, that if I want to embed some JavaScript in a confluence page, I have to ask our confluence administrator to activate usage of HTML Macros? And if it is activated, any user of our confluence would be able to place own javascripts on any confluence page?

Is there no possibility to restrict usage of JavaScript or HTML Macros to a restricted set of confluence users?

Kind regards

Ewgenij

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Luther Hargrove
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2014

Enabling the HTML macro isn't a big deal. This would be the way to include javascript on pages. Yes any user can use javascript on pages, but if your confluence site isn't public then what is main concern here? 99% of users are not going to do any HTML or javascript at all.

I don't think you can restrict the usage of a macro with permissions. I honestly don't think there is a need for that anyway. There are worse things that someone can do in confluence with the right permission than including a little javascript.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2014

HTML Plugin for Confluence provides a HTML Macro that can be controlled by Macro Security for Confluence which can limit who is allowed to create content with the macro.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events