Enabling HIPAA Compliant in Confluence and Jira Service Management

Godknows Agbodo May 13, 2024

My company is trying to understand whether the HIPAA requirement configuration is for transmission of data via email and push notifications? Atlassian noted that email and push notifications might be redacted to exclude any potential PHI when products like confluence and JSM are tagged.

With what and how would Atlassian detect PHI to redact them via emails and push notification?
Is there a way to see how this redaction would look like?

1 answer

1 vote
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2024

Welcome to the community, @Godknows Agbodo  👋

As mentioned in Atlassian's HIPPA implementation guide, your Atlassian admin(s) is/are responsible for this using Atlassian Automation.

You may wish to consider working with an Atlassian Solution Partner who specializes in this area for assistance from someone who has done this before.

Meanwhile, if you are lucky, and Atlassian customer (peer) who's done this before may chime in. I added some add'l tags to draw the right eyeballs to your question.

I hope this helps,

-dave

Godknows Agbodo May 15, 2024

@Dave Rosenlund Thank you!

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2024

You're welcome, @Godknows Agbodo 🙏

If you found this answer helpful and think it might be useful to others with a similar question, please consider using "Accept answer."

-dave

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events