Empty values in Confluence chart macro

I am trying to create a burndown chart in Confluence. The main problem I have with the display is that empty values are dipslaying as 0 on the chart. I want the axis to continue as I have an expected burndown line and actual burndown line, but I don't want empty values to display for the actual burndown line. Is there a way to get empty values to not display on the chart?

NOTE: I'm only interested in learning if this is possible in Confluence using the chart macro. I'm not interested in other paid macros or discussing how to do this in another tool (JIRA, Excel, etc). I already know how to solve the problems there.

3 answers

Wait, I am a genius ;-)

{chart:type=line|title=Burndown|yLabel=Points|xLabel=Sprint 
|dataDisplay=false|dataOrientation=vertical} 
||Sprint || Estimate ||
| 1       | 75        |
| 2       | 60        |
| 3       | 45        |
| 4       | 30        |
| 5       | 15        |
| 6       | 0         |

||Sprint || Actual    ||
| 1       | 75        |
| 2       | 55        |
| 3       | 42        |
| 3       | 42        |
| 3       | 42        |
| 3       | 42        | 

{chart}

Thanks, your example helped me.  I was working on a burn-up chart.  I did find that (at least in confluence cloud) you don't have to duplicate the values for sprint 3.  You can just have one table with sprints 1-6 (or days 1-10 or whatever) and then another table with only the sprints/days for which you have value and it will work.

If I remember correctly, I don't think so. Can you post a simple example that shows the problem?

So an example would be a chart based off this table...

Day of Sprint,Points Remaining,Guideline

If this were my burndown chart and it was currently day 4. I would like to see the line stop after the 3rd day. Instead it assumes 0 for blank values so the line drops to 0 on day 4.

Hi Matt - fighting the exact same problem. Did you find a solution?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

251 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you