Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty space versus Personal space

Jan Richter September 3, 2019

Hi there,

I'm little bit confused by page editor in cloud Confluence.
There is a situation: If I'm creating new space, I can choose few types of space - Empty space, Personal Space etc.

I see different page editor between Empty space and Personal space. Personal space page editor has more features (including sections). How is that possible? I want to have this rich editor also in space created with "Empty space" preset.

Editor with "Empty space":

editor_empty.JPG

Editor with "Personal space":

editor_personal.JPG(the highlighted icon is missing in "empty space" editor).

Thanks for any advice because I don't understand how to manage this problem and how to resolve it.

1 answer

0 votes
Yevhen Rohovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2019

Maybe because this is the Home, not a page with content for empty space?

For personal, you immediately get to the page, so there is a layout icon

After creating an empty space, try creating an empty page there, there should be a layout icon

Jan Richter September 4, 2019

When I create empty page in the space, editor is the wrong one without layout icon. It doesn't have any logic. Why are there two editors? :D

This editor problem (missing icon) is not connected do the type of the page (if it's space homepage or regular page..).

Yevhen Rohovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2019

Cloud Confluence is very strange, do you try to write to Atlassian support?

Jan Richter September 4, 2019

I didn't but I will.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events