Embedded Draw.io diagrams cannot be displayed

aworden November 5, 2019

I want to embed a draw.io diagram in a confluence page. We are using the cloud-hosted confluence version. The draw.io diagram is on the company Google Drive and is viewable by anyone in the company. 

When I use the 'Embed draw.io' macro to insert it in a confluence page from a URL, the diagram is not displayed. If I click the "Show Diagram" button on the dialog, I get an error message saying "Error loading file" and "File not found". 

I suspect I need to somehow give Confluence access to our Google Drive as if it were an employee so that it can display the diagram. How do I do that? 

Perhaps it is a different problem so please provide a solution. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
aworden November 7, 2019

In case anyone else has the same question and finds my conversation...

1) I fixed the draw.io plugin installation by creating an empty configuration file on the administrator page. Before that, it was exhibiting some strange buggy behavior. 

2) The 'embed' feature *only* allows embedding of diagrams that are already defined within confluence. It is not obvious what that feature is intended for. It is intended for including a diagram on more than one page. The diagram can only be edited on the original page where the diagram was created (so I am told). 

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2020

1 is fixed.

For 2 we've added embed from Google Drive as an option in the embed draw.io macro.

0 votes
Marija Radovic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2019

Hi,

I replied to the ticket you sent us to support. Please take a look at it and we are here for you if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Marija

Deepthi May 17, 2022

I'm having problem with using draw.io from confluence. I created flow charts in draw.io and published it. I'm facing 2 issues

1. When I try to embed the file from draw.io, getting error "Cannot read the specified diagram. Please check you have read permission on that file"

2. When I created flow chart using draw.io on the same confluence page, getting "Diagram Not Found" error

Like DIEGO MONTIEL likes this
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2022

Hi, please send a ticket to support@draw.io, it's very hard to manage many different support requests within a single topic here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events