Email notifications mentioning users with @...

Users are not notified via email when they are mentioned on a page using @.. what can i do?

2 answers

Hi Iris, 

Users will only get notifications if they have permission to view the page.  Can the users access the page themselves?  If they can't, you need to give them View permissions.

Users are enabled to view and edit the page. They receive updates when the page is updated and shared. However they do not get notifications when they are mentioned via @

Hi Iris,

If users are getting other notifications but not these, you need to check that the Confluence Mentions Plugin is enabled.  The instructions for doing this are here.

If it is enabled:

Is this all users, or just some users? 

Does it happen with individual names or only when you mention a group?

The plug-in is enabled. So far only individual names have been mentioned.

Hi Iris,

In that case the one thing I can suggest is that you ask one of your affected users to reset their avatar to the default, as a corrupted avatar can cause this problem (see here for more information).  If that works then they should be able to reapply a photo to their avatar without the issue returning.

If that doesn't work then I'm out of ideas sad so if no-one else suggests anything then you'll need to put a support ticket in and ask Atlassian to investigate.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,058 views 16 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you