Edit permission setting

Selcuk Savas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2012

Dear ASll,

I have been asked to give edit access to a standart user for only a specific page.

I have tried couple of variations but I haven't been succesful.

Is there a way to give edit access to a user without giving them edit access to the space?

PS. I know that I can give edit access for the space and restrict edit for all pages but it create a lot of work and it does complicate the security settings.

Cheers,

Selcuk

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2012

Your "ps" is the correct way to do it really.

You could cheat a bit - place the page in another space, one where you only have that page, set the permissions to deny/allow whoever you need to edit it, and then replace the original page with an {include:} macro to pull in the editable page.

Selcuk Savas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2012

Thanks Nic. It is the answer that I was looking for.

0 votes
Selcuk Savas
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2012

Hi Matthew,

That's exactly what I did at the end. It is Ok for the moment as we have really limited number of user and couple of dozen pages only. I need to think other option for the future and Nic's response is ther answer that I was looking for.

Cheers,

Selcuk

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 6, 2012

When you say "a standar[d] user", do you mean one specific user or do you have a single user you want to grant access to?

If it's the latter, why not use the page-specific restrictions (Tools > Restrictions)?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events