Edit is not avaliable

DennisEvans April 7, 2020

when I attempt to edit a page or a space there is an error message

"Edit not available now, try again..."

When I attempt to add a page or a space the system shows a different error message

"Taking to long to load..."  and the gif  just spins.

I am unable to determine what is the cause of these errors.

This is installed locally on my lap top and the entire system contains five or six spaces with a few pages in each.  I am attempting to create a demonstration for the company for evaluation and possible purchase.   Also, note this is the second time this has happened and the first time I thought I had done something, so I deleted and reinstalled.   all was well for a short time and now the error is back. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 7, 2020

Hi @DennisEvans,

If this is not a production instance and you are just using it for evaluation / testing purposes it might make sense to turn off Synchrony. This has often improved stability for me in my developer instances and resolved issues like you are describing.

To do that go to "General configuration > Collaborative editing", click the "Change mode" button and turn it off. This is what you should see after you're done:

temp.png

Note sure if this will also solve your problem but it's worth a shot! :)

Cheers,
Sven

1 vote
DennisEvans April 7, 2020

Sven

thank you that seems to have corrected the issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events