Edit file in Confluence

Lukas Meyer April 15, 2020

Hi

We just setup a new Page for our documentation in Confluence Cloud. As I know from earlier projects with locally installed confluence, we could edit uploaded files just by pressing these … in upper right corner. But now in the cloud site I can not see those. Does it no more work to directly edit files if locally installed application is avaiable like word or excel?

Thanks for feedback.

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2020

Hello @Lukas Meyer!
You are correct. In our Server platform for Confluence the edit of files that are stored within the instance is supported. The edit, however, does not take place within Confluence itself. This feature is implement with the usage of another application called Atlassian Companion App. You can check more details here:

Now, when we take in consideration our Cloud platform, our New Editor (Fabric) does not handle this workflow. The only Confluence Cloud editor that does handle a workflow similar to what happens in the Server counterpart is our Legacy Editor (tinyMCE). For more information on this, you can take a look at this documentation:

If the ability to edit files that are directly stored in your site is of great importance to your workflow, you can still use the Legacy Editor. The Legacy Editor is available for all customers, if you instance happens to be part of the smaller number that does not have it enabled, you have ways to request it. You can get more information about it here:

I hope this clears the skies a little bit! Looking forward to your reply.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events