Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Restrictions on Sections of Confluence Page

Anju July 28, 2017

I want to have a table on my Confluence page to be editable after it's been approved. I don't want anything else on the page to be editable, just view only. How would I achieve this?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Corwith August 3, 2017

Alternatives:

1. You can put the table on a child page with edit privileges and include the child page on parent restricted to view only. Use the Include Page or Excerpt/Excerpt Include macros. You could add a link on the parent to edit the table on the child.
  2. You can put the table on a page of the same name in a different space and use the Include Page or Excerpt/Excerpt Include macros plus the Space Jump macro to create a link to the table page to edit it. One caveat here is that the Space Jump macro is in the Documentation theme which Confluence is deprecating in 6.0. But I should be posting an alternative user macro before then.
0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2017

Hello Anju,

This is not currently possible in Confluence, but you can try this using the information provided on a question in our Developer community.

Let us know if you have any questions about this.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events