Edit Restrictions on Sections of Confluence Page

I want to have a table on my Confluence page to be editable after it's been approved. I don't want anything else on the page to be editable, just view only. How would I achieve this?

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

Alternatives:

1. You can put the table on a child page with edit privileges and include the child page on parent restricted to view only. Use the Include Page or Excerpt/Excerpt Include macros. You could add a link on the parent to edit the table on the child.
  2. You can put the table on a page of the same name in a different space and use the Include Page or Excerpt/Excerpt Include macros plus the Space Jump macro to create a link to the table page to edit it. One caveat here is that the Space Jump macro is in the Documentation theme which Confluence is deprecating in 6.0. But I should be posting an alternative user macro before then.
0 votes

Hello Anju,

This is not currently possible in Confluence, but you can try this using the information provided on a question in our Developer community.

Let us know if you have any questions about this.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 11, 2018 in Confluence

What are your project planning tips?

Hello Community,  Jessica here from the Confluence product marketing team! Today I wanted to get your takes on project planning –– what works, what doesn’t, how do you know if you’re doing it r...

311 views 1 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you