Edit ‘Children Display’ Macro to avoid restricted pages

Maria Garcia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 9, 2021

Hi,

Some of our Confluences pages are still in progress so viewing and editing are restricted. However those pages are displayed in the Children macro used in the main page. This is not desirable so how to avoid it?

How to hide the restricted pages in a Children Display Macro please?

Thanks a lot in advance.   

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2021

Hi @Maria Garcia,

Welcome to the community!

To answer your question: Restricted pages only show up to those users who have the permissions to view the page. Users without the view permission won't see the page listed in the page tree or the Children macro.

Kind regards,

Svenja

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Bosman [Realdolmen]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2021

Hi @Maria Garcia 

Confluence will show you all pages that you are allowed to see. 

This means that you will also see the pages that are restricted, however other users that are not allowed to see the page won't see it in the Children Macro. 

If you really don't want see the pages yourserlf you will have to replace them to somewhere out of that page tree

Regards

Dave

Maria Garcia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 9, 2021

Thanks a lot!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events