Easier way to Migrate to External Database in Confluence

Baris Guner December 3, 2012

Hi,

Is there an easier way to Migrate to External Database in Confluence without the need to rerun the whole setup including entering a new license etc. ? In Jira or Fisheye there are easier tools to do this even after you have used the eval database for a while. We are evaluating Confluence and I'd like to move it to PostgreSQL but it seems like the documentation wants me to do a fresh start with new confluence home directory where I lose my eval license as the new startup generates a new Server ID where I cannot enter my eval one. Or should I just ignore and create a new eval license?

Thanks in advance,

Baris

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2012

Hi Baris,

If the migration issue that you concern about is only regarding "Server ID", please not to worry as it is not bind to your license. So you could applied your previous license to the new instance without issue as long as the license applied only on one instance.

Please refer to our documentation here for detailed information regarding Server ID.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

1 vote
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2012

Hi Baris,

Confluence license is stored on the confluence home directory instead of the database as in o JIRA. I believe the best way would be creating a full Confluence backup and setting up a new Confluence instance with PostgreSQL. It will require your license key once again, but it will be correctly instaled. After that, just load the Confluence backup file into your new Confluence and all the content will be restored.

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

Baris Guner December 4, 2012

Thanks for the backup/restore tips Lucas. My main concern was to do with the ServerID - License relationship and if I had to get a new license each time I migrate.

Cheers,

Baris Guner

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events