Duplicate user problem (confluence)

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2014

Hi

On our confluence instance we allow users to sing up a new account.

What this has resulted is that once a user forgets his old account, instead to trying to retrieve his old one, he creates a new one.

This is resulted in 3-4 accounts for some individuals. As we are limited user licence we want to delete such duplicate users.

How can i identify out of say 4 duplicate account, which one is the primary account or in other words which account is being used by the user the most. So that i can disable the other three.

rahul

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
jing_hwa_cheok
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2014

Hi Rahul,

I do not think there are table which show the number of time the account is used, however you can check the last login date for each account.

Here a KB that contain the instruction to find the last login date information:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Identify+Inactive+Users+in+Confluence+by+Last+Login+Date

Hope this helps

Regards,
Jing Hwa

0 votes
Logan G Hawkes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2016

How did this play out? I'm facing a similar issue and I'd like to hear how you resolved the issue and if there were any issues.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events