Dropdown on a page?

Amit Lohia January 15, 2015

I have created a template which has dropdown but when i create a page using this template, i can not use the dropdown again. On Edit page dropdown does not appear. 

can you please help ?

6 answers

1 vote
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2015

Those dropdowns are there only when you create a page from a template, but when the page is created there is no dropdowns anymore, but the value you have selected on page creation. It is by design, afaik

0 votes
Stiltsoft Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 16, 2022

Hi @Amit Lohia and @Danielle Goetz ,

You could try our Handy Status for your use case. Handy Status is a part of our Handy Macros for Confluence app. 

It allows users to create custom sets with predefined dropdown options to choose from. These sets can be used in templates and continue work as dropdown menus after the page publishing. You can change their value in the page view mode whenever needed. 

0 votes
Alexander Schätzle June 3, 2015

Hello folks,

is there anybody who knows a solution to create dropdowns which are available after creating a page. Or in other words, where the User can only choose beetween pre defined variables.

Greets

Alex

Danielle Goetz September 30, 2015

Have you found a solution to this? I have the same use case.

Alexander Schätzle September 30, 2015

Hi Danielle, I just checked out the Scaffolding Plugin, but I didn't see this value for a paid add-on. So I just created a custom status list. See here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/274798/custom-drop-down-list-for-statuses Greets

0 votes
Amit Lohia January 20, 2015

Attaching the screenshot which i want to retain while edit page.

image2015-1-20 18:56:55.png

0 votes
Amit Lohia January 20, 2015

Hi, I have created a template and created a variable using $ sign and type as list($var(In Progress, Complete)). I can see below while creating new page from template..i.e. dropdown !!

BRD Updates (BRDStatus)

But after the page is created and if i need to change the variable value then it does not appear as dropdown. I want dropdown should be displayed even if i edit the page ?

BRD UpdatesIn Progress
0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2015

Hello Amit, please check if there are any elements on the template that are not allowed such as commas, as per the template creation page states. Also, please post the markup you are using to this thread, to allow some context of the issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events