Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Does the editable panel macro still exist?

I'm unable to find the macro listed below which allows the user more control to edit the content and appearance of a panel. Does this still exist, and I'm only missing it?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/panel-macro-51872380.html#:~:text=This%20macro%20is%20available%20in%20Confluence%20Server%20and%20Data%20Center.&text=Add%20the%20Panel%20macro%20to,in%20a%20customizable%20coloured%20panel.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Bailey Community Leader Dec 06, 2021

It is because:

This macro was intentionally excluded from the new editor and will be deprecated from the legacy editor soon.

Read more here:

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-the-panel-macro/ 

Thanks for the fast answer. Do you happen to know why the deprecation? Or have any suggested ways of replacing the functionality? 

Bill Bailey Community Leader Dec 07, 2021

My guess is a belief that it will improve editor performance and page rendering times. They are also reducing thier testing overhead by removing a lot of macros.

Their suggestion is to use the Info panel instead.

One of the many reasons I do not recommend the Cloud solution to anyone who has experience with the Server edition. They keep reducing functionality with the Cloud.

Like # people like this

Thanks so much for all of your insight!

also you can put almost nothing inside the info panel macro, like jira queries. Can't put them inside the panel at all.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

42,096 views 29 132
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you