Does the editable panel macro still exist?

Amanda Milko December 6, 2021

I'm unable to find the macro listed below which allows the user more control to edit the content and appearance of a panel. Does this still exist, and I'm only missing it?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/panel-macro-51872380.html#:~:text=This%20macro%20is%20available%20in%20Confluence%20Server%20and%20Data%20Center.&text=Add%20the%20Panel%20macro%20to,in%20a%20customizable%20coloured%20panel.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2021

It is because:

This macro was intentionally excluded from the new editor and will be deprecated from the legacy editor soon.

Read more here:

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-the-panel-macro/ 

Amanda Milko December 7, 2021

Thanks for the fast answer. Do you happen to know why the deprecation? Or have any suggested ways of replacing the functionality? 

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2021

My guess is a belief that it will improve editor performance and page rendering times. They are also reducing thier testing overhead by removing a lot of macros.

Their suggestion is to use the Info panel instead.

One of the many reasons I do not recommend the Cloud solution to anyone who has experience with the Server edition. They keep reducing functionality with the Cloud.

Like # people like this
Amanda Milko December 7, 2021

Thanks so much for all of your insight!

Chris Purser December 27, 2021

also you can put almost nothing inside the info panel macro, like jira queries. Can't put them inside the panel at all.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events