Does owner of tasks change when moving pages or when defining restrictions?

Patrick_Vanhoof
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2014

Hi,

We had a space for which we wanted to change the page structure. To avoid that people got notifications we put nrestrictions on the top parent page. Then, via the page hierarchy, we moved the pages around.

Afterwards the restrictions were removed.

But now it looks like task owners of tasks on these pages have changed to the person who moved them. Can this be? Because of the move or the restrictions?

And if so, can we put the original owner back?

Thanks,

Patrick

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Patrick_Vanhoof
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2014

It's Standalone.

I have created a ticket on Atlassian SAC.

Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 4, 2014

Great!

Hope they can help! :)

Would you mind closing this thread?

Have a good one!

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2014

Hi Patrick,

Apparently, it's a restriction problem. But you can manually set things up back to its original.

Here you can find more info: http://www.adaptavist.com/display/AtlassianConfluence/Page+Restrictions

Cheers!

Patrick_Vanhoof
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 3, 2014

Hi Elisa,

The link is a deprecated documentation link, and it does not mention task owners. Or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Patrick

Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
August 3, 2014

Hi Patrick,

Sorry about the deprecated info. If you have moved a page, the owner becomes you and that you cannot change. Though, you can grant the older owner permission to view, add, and delete content.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Patrick_Vanhoof
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 3, 2014

Hi Elisa,

I can understand that I become the owner of the page when I move it, but does that also mean I become the owner of the tasks on that page? E.g. my colleague creates a task on a page, then I move that page and I become the 'creator' of that task?

Thanks,

Patrick

Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
August 3, 2014

Patrick,

Is it OnDemand or Standalone?

In both cases, this is not a normal behaivour. Could you please create a ticket on Atlassian SAC (https://support.atlassian.com) so we can better investigate the problem?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events