Does owner of tasks change when moving pages or when defining restrictions?

Hi,

We had a space for which we wanted to change the page structure. To avoid that people got notifications we put nrestrictions on the top parent page. Then, via the page hierarchy, we moved the pages around.

Afterwards the restrictions were removed.

But now it looks like task owners of tasks on these pages have changed to the person who moved them. Can this be? Because of the move or the restrictions?

And if so, can we put the original owner back?

Thanks,

Patrick

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

It's Standalone.

I have created a ticket on Atlassian SAC.

Great!

Hope they can help! :)

Would you mind closing this thread?

Have a good one!

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Patrick,

Apparently, it's a restriction problem. But you can manually set things up back to its original.

Here you can find more info: http://www.adaptavist.com/display/AtlassianConfluence/Page+Restrictions

Cheers!

Hi Elisa,

The link is a deprecated documentation link, and it does not mention task owners. Or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Sorry about the deprecated info. If you have moved a page, the owner becomes you and that you cannot change. Though, you can grant the older owner permission to view, add, and delete content.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Hi Elisa,

I can understand that I become the owner of the page when I move it, but does that also mean I become the owner of the tasks on that page? E.g. my colleague creates a task on a page, then I move that page and I become the 'creator' of that task?

Thanks,

Patrick

Patrick,

Is it OnDemand or Standalone?

In both cases, this is not a normal behaivour. Could you please create a ticket on Atlassian SAC (https://support.atlassian.com) so we can better investigate the problem?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Tuesday in Confluence

Add-on evaluation with confluence templates

Atlassian market place contains number of Apps/Addons which improves the capability of out of the box Atlassian products. It is good to follow a plugin evaluation process before install add-ons. So t...

170 views 12 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you