Does confluence work on amazon Elastic Beanstalk

kristiaan jansen December 6, 2015

Hi 

We are trying to find the most efficient way to run confluence. We were thinking of using Amazon ebs with amazon rds and maybe efs or s3.

What i have seen so far of confluence it looks technically possible.  2 questions:

Is it supported?

if not has it been done before?

Thanks.

KRis 

2 answers

1 vote
kristiaan jansen December 7, 2015

Rather glad i also asked Atlassian support.....

So conclusion yes.

And i also have it running already. Very easy todo. 

the only challenge was to create a war from the standalone install package.

The replay from Atlassian support:

Hi kristiaan jansen,

Thanks for contacting Atlassian Support.

Yes, it's possible to host Confluence on AWS Elastic Beanstalk, it's stated here that AWS Elastic Beanstalk do support Java applications with Tomcat application server.

Feel free to visit the link below to learn more about Atlassian support offerings :

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Support/Atlassian+Support+Offerings 

Do let us know if you have any additional questions in regards to this.

Regards,

Jonathan

vamsi July 28, 2020

Are you still running confluence in AWS elastic Beanstalk? Did you face any issues while managing the application.

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2015

No.

Beanstalk is "too much", it is a managed infrastructure, while you'd primarily need a virtualized Linux box, and that is EC3.

There is an old blog post written by Atlassian about installing Confluence to EC3, but that may be totally outdated. This 3rd party write-up seems rather fresh!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events