Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Confluence have a text substitution feature

Craig Senior September 30, 2020

I have a collection of word/phrase substitutions I would like highlighted, as in spellcheck, prompting me to substitute with the approved phrase, such as:

in order to to to
it goes without saying
to [nothing]
prior to
to before
powershell
to PowerShell

This feature could be user-specific, or I could apply it to the repository.
Does Confluence has such a feature/add-on?

4 answers

4 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shardul Juyal {Addteq}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 1, 2020

I think i have used scriptrunner by adaptavist to achieve something similar in the past. It may be worth a look.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Craig Senior September 30, 2020

My workaround is to export the document to Word, then use Word/Excel to find occurrences in the original (I maintain the list of substitution pairs in Excel).

My broader question would be how does the product contribute to the entire organization writing according to the controlled vocabulary?

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2020

It doesn't. Most companies struggle to get anything documented. And much of it is never reviewed by a writer, unfortunately.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2020

The only way I can think of handling this is by updating the CSS for the edit view to highlight these terms. However. I don't think that is easy to do with the Cloud instance.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2020

There is no delivered functionality like you described.  The only spell checking app that I know of is Spellproof.  It does allow you to add new words but I don't believe it will work like you described where to target specific phrases, etc.  There is a search and replace App that you could use but it would be after the fact.   

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events