It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Do Restricted pages show up in Confluence searches?

I am working in a multi-departmental environment under the same confluence space, and my team is looking at ways to use confluence to document some of our procedures. These procedures at times reference direct client contract data.

I'm wondering:

1. if we set the veiw and edit restrictions to only be visible by members of my team, would the page show up in a search of the overall Jira space if the user running the search doesn't have the view access?
  2. If so, would that search still show the snippet of the article if the user running the search doesn't have the view access?

2 answers

1 vote

Hi Robert,

As mentioned in this older question, restricted pages will never popup in these user's search results, not even the title.

Best,

Maarten

0 votes
Karen Community Leader Sep 23, 2019

If you have been affected by this issue. Please review the following bug request and upvote it.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-36393

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

294 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you