Do I need to buy a license for anonymous users?

Svetlana Goryavskiy November 16, 2014

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2014

No.  

Enable anonymous access and people will be able to use it without logging in and eating up a licence.  I strongly recommend allowing only read access to anonymous users.

Asael Sepúlveda November 16, 2014

Be careful however with confidential data. If you allow anononymous access and your instance is in the cloud, competitors will be able to view the information.

Svetlana Goryavskiy November 17, 2014

Thanks for the answers! But for anonymous users can be given access to some of the information to create a separate space? If the user has a username and password, can access information confidentially, but it does not create articles, but only reads them and comments, then do I need to buy a license for that user?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2014

A logged in user is NOT anonymous. To log in, you MUST have a licence seat for them. As I said before, anonymous access does not use a licence, and you can open up read/comment etc if you want, but I would strongly recommend making it read-only for anonymous user, otherwise you will have no idea who is making comments/edits etc

Svetlana Goryavskiy November 17, 2014

Got it, thanks! We will have some information for public use and part of the corporate. I can customize the right space so that the corporate space have access only authorized users, and to other public space - by anonymous users?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2014

Correct, yes. For most spaces, you'd say "only people in the login group can see this space". The for the public space(s), look at the bottom line in the space permissions, tick "anonymous" for browse rights, and people will be able to see it without logging in.

Anand Mehta July 10, 2020

Can anonymous user see work-in-progress content, via global search? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2020

Yes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events