Do I lose existing gliffy attachments / diagrams when deactivating Gliffy?

Hi

Does anyone know if I lose existing gliffy attachments / diagrams when deactivating Gliffy?

We want to move over to draw.io but have about 100 historic Gliffy drawings that we may want to look at in the future for reference.  When deactivating in Confluence Administration a dialog appears saying all Gliffy data will be deleted.

Anyone done this before?

Thanks

Mike

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

I just tested with the current Gliffy version in cloud (1.4.11). You can unsubscribe to gliffy in the manage add-on page to stop the billing, but don't disable or uninstall the add-on. The gliffy diagrams remain as attachments to the page and the gliffy viewer continues to work. You just cannot edit the gliffy diagrams.

draw.io can import gliffy diagrams, also. In the attachments view of a page with a diagram, download the attachment with the name of the gliffy diagram (not the .png), add a blank draw.io diagram to the page and drag and drop the saved file into the editor to import the diagram to draw.io.

So, what you could do is leave the gliffy diagrams read-only and when someone wants to edit one import to draw.io as needed.

Great, I'll give that a go.  Appreciate your help.

Sort of. You get the 'Unknown macro error' so you won't see the image. I did this in June and had to re-upload the diagrams in another form.

I refer to this answer: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/When-I-uninstall-the-Gliffy-trial-plug-in-will-we-lose-our/qaq-p/164055

Is this for Server or Cloud?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

382 views 3 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you