Display contents Excerpt Macro of one Confluence page in another page in a Table-Column format

Suresh Venkat February 2, 2021

Hi,

I have a confluence page (Title: Page A) with an Excerpt Marco. Let's say the content of Excerpt Macro is "My name is Adam Smith" and it has label - page_a_excerpt

I would like to display the above content in a Table in another Page (Page B) as below

Columns--> Page Title, Excerpt Content, Label

Row --> Page A | My name is Adam Smith | page_a_excerpt

Any ideas how can we achieve this?

Thanks,

Suresh

1 answer

2 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2021

Hi @Suresh Venkat , you may try the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app.

Its Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros collect multiple-row tables from a current page, specific page, page and childpages, page and all descendants, pages with specific labels.

So, you'll be able to combine all your mini-tables on the required page and show page titles of the original source pages.

Here is our recent blog post related to your case (with screenshots, of course), please, take a look and feel free to ask further questions.

Standard Excerpt/Excerpt Include macros don't work as you've described. You may also try the Page Properties/Page Properties Report macros, but they collect only one-row tables.

Suresh Venkat February 4, 2021

@Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_ : Thanks for your response. Actually, I should have been more clear in my question. We are trying to pull contents of Excerpt Macros on various confluence pages into another confluence page using velocity code in a custom-Macro. So far, we were able to pull in all pages Titles and their Labels etc. Now, we are trying to get Excerpt Content. Wanted to see, if there are any ideas available

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events