Display a date relative to another date in Confluence

Hannah Ling July 26, 2017

Hi everyone,
I've done some googling and searching for this already, but I was wondering if any of you could help me. Is there any macro that would help me display dates relative to a single date? For example, if our release is August 28th, and I needed something done 5 days before then, it would display August 23rd, but if I changed August 28th to August 30, it would automatically change to August 25?

Is there anything like this that exists already, and if not, do you have any advice to help me create it?

Thank you so much!

2 answers

0 votes
John Corwith August 2, 2017

how do you see you/your user configuring this? and updating it?

2 parameters in a macro?

1 parameter in the macro and one in the macro body/box?

I assume you will be setting more than just the release date and one item, like you will want to set the release date and a number of things that have to be done before the release. So you will want to set the release date, descriptons of what has to be done and the number of days before the release for each description. Then you will want the descriptions and the dates displayed...

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2017

Hello Hannah,

This is not currently possible in Confluence, but you may be able to configure a User Macro for this if you are on Confluence server.

This was discussed a bit in another Community post, so you can have a look at the solutions there.

Let us know if you have any questions about this.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events