Disappearing content

Peter Lake May 19, 2023

I have a landing page with an embedded PowerPoint presentation and this loads and displays fine when landing on the page. However, when I navigate to a different page in the same space and then navigate back to this page, the content disappears and will not reload. 

There is no trace of it all, not even a notification that something isn't displaying, so it looks like this section is just not there and you wouldn't know you were missing something. The only way to force the content to reload is by hitting F5. 

This is just annoying for myself as I know the content is there and just have to reload. But for visitors to the space who quickly navigated away from this landing page without viewing it all, they may not realise they are missing information when they return to it and would not know they need to refresh.

Why does the page not reload or retain the content when moving around the space? How can I ensure this loads each time the page is returned to so users do not miss the content?

2 answers

0 votes
Ben Krichko August 25, 2023

Any update here? I'm having the same issues.

0 votes
Aditya Verma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2023

Hi @Peter Lake ,

As a first step, you can check what errors you are getting in browser console. For Chrome, you can press F12 to open the debugger, go to console and see what errors are there when you jump back to this page from an another page in your space.

Thanks,
Aditya

Peter Lake May 19, 2023

Thanks for the response, sadly this is disabled on my network. F12 doesnt work and 'Inspect' is greyed out from the menu options.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events