Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling Comments in a Space or on a Page

Kevin Parenteau June 20, 2022

I am currently on the free edition of Confluence Cloud giving this thing a whirl.  I am curious about how to disable the comments in a space.  Example, if I am making a space (documentation) for listing out device IP addresses and such, there is no need for comments.  I just need a page with a simple table that contains the data that I can share with others.  Can I disable comments for pages, or for an entire space even?  Please advise.

Thank you!
Kevin

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2022

Hi @Kevin Parenteau ,

Welcome to the community.

Add/Delete comments can be managed by space admins in space settings --> Space Permissions. But, as you are in confluence free plan,  you can't change the space permissions.

image.png

Kevin Parenteau June 21, 2022

Thank you for your reply!  So while those are permissions for access, I'm curious if there is a way to just not show the comments on pages, not necessarily disable or prevent access, etc., but more from a display and appearance perspective.

Thanks!
Kevin

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2022

@Kevin Parenteau ,

Could not find any solution for this. HTML macro is also disabled in confluence cloud. 

I could see one suggestion request with the same requirement. 
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-24939 

Kevin Parenteau June 21, 2022

Sounds good.  Thank you for the help!  I think the standard edition might be the way to go to have access to the permissions.

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2022

Hi @Kevin Parenteau ,

Please accept the answer, it could be helpful for other users with similar problem/concerns. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events