Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Disabling Comments in a Space or on a Page

I am currently on the free edition of Confluence Cloud giving this thing a whirl.  I am curious about how to disable the comments in a space.  Example, if I am making a space (documentation) for listing out device IP addresses and such, there is no need for comments.  I just need a page with a simple table that contains the data that I can share with others.  Can I disable comments for pages, or for an entire space even?  Please advise.

Thank you!
Kevin

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Kevin Parenteau ,

Welcome to the community.

Add/Delete comments can be managed by space admins in space settings --> Space Permissions. But, as you are in confluence free plan,  you can't change the space permissions.

image.png

Thank you for your reply!  So while those are permissions for access, I'm curious if there is a way to just not show the comments on pages, not necessarily disable or prevent access, etc., but more from a display and appearance perspective.

Thanks!
Kevin

@Kevin Parenteau ,

Could not find any solution for this. HTML macro is also disabled in confluence cloud. 

I could see one suggestion request with the same requirement. 
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-24939 

Sounds good.  Thank you for the help!  I think the standard edition might be the way to go to have access to the permissions.

Hi @Kevin Parenteau ,

Please accept the answer, it could be helpful for other users with similar problem/concerns. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence: Where work and wellness meet

Feeling overwhelmed by the demands of work and life? With a 25% increase in the prevalence of anxiety and depression worldwide during the pandemic, for most of us, it’s a resounding yes . 🙋‍♀️ ...

815 views 8 21
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you