Disable image click/preview on confluence cloud

Lawrence Ong February 27, 2019

We have a few pages with images just for display (look and feel).  It looks like every image that we add can be clicked on to blow it up for preview.

Does anyone know how we make it non-clickable?

1 answer

1 vote
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2019

If you are familiar with CSS, try using the 'Div' macro to create a html block that uses your image as the background image.

Note: Unfortunately this is a short term solution, as Atlasssian are deprecating this macro and others that support custom styling:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/we-re-cleaning-up-the-macro-browser-946028471.html

Lawrence Ong February 28, 2019

Pretty sure they have already deprecated it, so this is not going to work.   I can't see it in the list of macros that I can use.

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2019

Yes, if you are trying to use it in the new editor. Unfortunately, the alternative is that you will need to create your own macro to do this.

Are you referring to Confluence server?  I cannot see how we can create User Macros in Confluence Cloud.  Could you please point us in the right direction if this is for Confluence Cloud?

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 28, 2019

In Cloud you need to use the Confluence Connect platform https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/about-confluence-cloud/

You can deploy your own custom macros as private add-ons via the marketplace.

Oh right.  Thank you.  I was taking a look at that too, but I think it may be a bit much just to prevent images from being clicked.  Will raise a support request and see if anything can be done about it.

Like # people like this
Ms. Hiller May 18, 2023

I have the same problem, with zero technical knowledge. Did you get this solved?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events