Disable certain macros from usergroup

Daniela Scheiwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2012

Hi,

as we are planning to open our Confluence installation (we're using it for project documentation) to some of our customers for collaborative work, we do not want them to be allowed to do everything in there, especially not using all macros.

Therefore I would like to be able to have something like a list of macros that I can allow for certain usergroups.

Hiding the content of a macro is not the problem, our preferred solution would be to have a limited selection of macros in the macro browser for this specific usergroup

Is that possible somehow?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2012

No, it's not possible.

You either need to code macros to support this, or find/write a plugin that will provide the function for you. On the "find" side, I've used https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.confluence.macrosecurity a couple of times and it's spot-on, does exactly what you describe (albeit, I've not tried it on Confluence 4.x, only 3.x).

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2012

As Nic mentions, Macro Security for Confluence provides this kind of support for Implementing macros. The restriction is on who can create/update content containing the macros, however, they will still appear in the macro browser. Unauthorized usage results in an error message.

Daniela Scheiwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2012

That sounds pretty much like what we need, thanks to both of you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events