Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Email notifications to users everytime a page is added

Pansilu Diegayu Wickramasinghe January 24, 2021

I have a bunch of pages (articles) I have to add to my space on confluence and I don't want to send an email to everyone notifying about the page I just added each time.

How can I disable email notifications to my users so they won't get notified when I add a new page?

2 answers

0 votes
NIROSHAN MADAMPITIGE January 24, 2021

Hey @Pansilu Diegayu Wickramasinghe!

The around this is to use the feature - "Manage Watchers" : Click the link below to see how Manage Watchers feature works. 

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/manage-watchers/

If you are a space admin, you will  be able to remove a user by clicking on the little trash can next to their name. I look forward to hearing whether that works for you. This way, you don't send the notifications to those who don't expect the notifications - What if you need to notify certain people.  So, you can set watchers for space, segment or a page. Please use the following steps:

To remove watchers!

Go to the page, blog post, or space to which you'd like to add watchers.
Click Watch (

) > Manage Watchers.
Click Remove next to their name.
You may check the Jira issue resolved on the same here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-22313

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2021

Hi @Pansilu Diegayu Wickramasinghe

Go to space you are adding a page, click on manage watchers section and Space option lets you choose members to be notified when something changes in space, you can remove members there if they don't want to be notified

Manage Watchers.png

Space Watchers.pngThanks,
Pramodh

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders