Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Difficulty entering data into a table. It is taking an excessively long time to respond.

I am trying to enter data into a table in confluence, which I was able to do previously without any problems. Over the last few weeks, the response time for each entry has been very slow. Has anyone experienced this problem or have any suggestions? The table is used to track items purchased. Thank you.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone Community Leader Jan 05, 2022

@Christine Toy in addition to @Bill Bailey's comment, are you adding data to an existing table or creating new tables? I am using tables in my instance daily. There are some tables that are 10-15 rows, and those all load super quick. 

But I have one with over 500 rows (it replaced an Excel file that gets built with new data weekly) and that page takes quite a while to load and swap between edit mode and viewing mode. I don't know what the recommended number of table rows for optimal performance are, but I can say that 500 is beyond that number!

The table I am using is also quite large. I will try starting a new table. Thanks for your help.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Bailey Community Leader Jan 05, 2022

Probably Cloud lag. The responsiveness is the combination of delays in your link to the server, and loading on the server. And in many cases, Cloud apps will replicate from accross the content delivery network (CDN). All of these issue can result in extreme sluggishness.

No, to be sure, try creating the same table on a test page, to see if you see the same issue. If you do NOT, then there is some issue with your original page.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

39,218 views 28 126
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you