Did the new Confluence update remove Anchors?

Joshua Riedel August 22, 2019

I used to use jumps and anchors to navigate longer articles I wrote (In a table of contents like fashion) but I no longer see the Anchor macro listed. Is it gone? If so, what can be used similarly to the Anchor?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2019

Hi @Joshua Riedel ,

it looks like they were removed from the new editing experience. There is an open request to add it back, you can review and vote for it here: CONFCLOUD-66773

Hope this helps, 

-Scott

Joshua Riedel August 22, 2019

Added my vote! Just noticing all the things they've taken out... like my old favorite lorem ipsum macro. Not a big loss compared to this, but alas

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2019

Yet another reason to not use the Cloud version. ;-)

Joshua Riedel August 23, 2019

Sadly I can't change what my company uses :'(

Juan Felipe Cardona
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 22, 2019

Even a simple html page let's you add anchors!

I'll vote!

Juan Felipe Cardona
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 22, 2019

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-66773 is closed, no more voting allowed.

They added/enabled the headers links, but that is only part of the full anchors capability that we had before.

It seems they didn't understand the users request.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events