It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Did the new Confluence update remove Anchors?

I used to use jumps and anchors to navigate longer articles I wrote (In a table of contents like fashion) but I no longer see the Anchor macro listed. Is it gone? If so, what can be used similarly to the Anchor?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Scott_Theus Community Leader Aug 22, 2019

Hi @Joshua Riedel ,

it looks like they were removed from the new editing experience. There is an open request to add it back, you can review and vote for it here: CONFCLOUD-66773

Hope this helps, 

-Scott

Added my vote! Just noticing all the things they've taken out... like my old favorite lorem ipsum macro. Not a big loss compared to this, but alas

Bill_Bailey Community Leader Aug 23, 2019

Yet another reason to not use the Cloud version. ;-)

Sadly I can't change what my company uses :'(

Even a simple html page let's you add anchors!

I'll vote!

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-66773 is closed, no more voting allowed.

They added/enabled the headers links, but that is only part of the full anchors capability that we had before.

It seems they didn't understand the users request.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

294 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you