Diagram with clickable (coloured) blocks

Jeroen Haesen March 12, 2020

Hi,

Is it possible in Confluence to create a system diagram with blocks that can be clicked? So when you click a block, the block will be coloured/highlighted. There will be no links behind, just selecting and highlighting.

Thank you.

2 answers

1 vote
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2020

@Jeroen Haesen  You may want to consider the plugins below for cloud,  you can find them in the Atlassian market place.

• Draw io
  • Gliffiy

Best regards,

Mo

Jeroen Haesen March 12, 2020

Hi @Moses Thomas , thanks for your answer. We tried with Gliffy, but that didn't work. You can create diagrams there, but we want to have 1 'template' diagram which can be  used on different pages. Every page can have different blocks (from the same diagram) selected. That last part doesn't work with Gliffy.

0 votes
Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2020

Hey Jereon! 

I bet there's a way we can get this done with Gliffy, but I might not understand exactly what your ask is. :)

If I were trying to tackle a problem like this.. I might make one diagram of the system with no color blocks selected. You can publish it wherever you'd like in your instance. 

Then, on each page you want this network diagram to appear, you'd go in and use "Create a New Diagram," then "Use a Recent Diagram as a Template" to select your base diagram. Then you could select the color blocks you need for that specific page. 

I do think you'd have to do this manually for each page, but starting with that "core" diagram and using it repeatedly as a template would save a bunch of time. 

It would be super interesting to have a diagram that automatically recognizes elements like that, but I don't know that it can be done with Gliffy (yet!). I'll check with some folks and let you know if they have any other ideas!

Jeroen Haesen March 16, 2020

Hi @Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy , thanks for your answer. We already use Gliffy, but unfortunately it didn't work as we expected. I just want to create a user friendly solution. Your work around is possible, but it's not the easiest solution. And I was looking for the easiest solution. Anyway thanks for thinking with me.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events