It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Development Metrics with Dashboards

Hello Folks,

Hope all doing good,

I need a private, host my own, behind-a-firewall dashboard like Geckoboard or Ducksboard.

Widgets for Atlassian products, Git, Junit based results and Splunk would be ideal.

More context- Geckoboard and Ducksboard look great to me, but my Atlassian products, Git, etc. are all behind a firewall. Opening up the firewall for Geckoboard, Ducksboard, etc. is not an option.

I know they both have APIs where I could push data to, but I don't really want to write custom REST calls for the aforementioned products.

Know of any similar dashboards where I can install locally?

2 answers

1 vote

Hello Nicole,

Dashboarding in Confluence can be great, but getting started and finding the solution you are able to use can be a bit difficult. We would suggest taking a look at the market place to see which dashboard add-ons are already available for Confluence to use now. A quick search displays 37 dashboards items within Confluence.

Here are those Search Results.

With those results listed, I did not see anything specific for Git and/or Splunk. With that said, it looks as though your option to create dashboards for Git and Splunk are going to be left to custom API calls.

I have had previous success with making API calls and storing some data within SQL sources and the pulling the data back out via SQL statements to display as a dashboard. This method does require a lot of tooling and is supported only in-house and with the use of additional add-ons. For the data you are attempting to go after, you will most likely need to work on developing your own API calls to re-display the data in a dashboard format. This options will only work on server however and will not be available for the cloud offering.

I hope you find this useful and it helps to clarify custom dashboarding.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

0 votes

I need a private, host my own, behind-a-firewall dashboard like Geckoboard or Duckboard.

Widgets for Atlassian products, Git, Junit based results and Splunk would be ideal.

More context- Geckoboard and Ducksboard look great to me, but my Atlassian products, Git, etc. are all behind a firewall. Opening up the firewall for Geckoboard, Ducksboard, etc. is not an option.

I know they both have APIs where I could push data to, but I don't really want to write custom REST calls for the aforementioned products.

Know of any similar dashboards where I can install locally?

https://www.elegantitservices.com/Best-Splunk-Training-Institutes-in-Bangalore.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

67 views 3 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you