Development Metrics with Dashboards

Nicole Wells October 30, 2018

Hello Folks,

Hope all doing good,

I need a private, host my own, behind-a-firewall dashboard like Geckoboard or Ducksboard.

Widgets for Atlassian products, Git, Junit based results and Splunk would be ideal.

More context- Geckoboard and Ducksboard look great to me, but my Atlassian products, Git, etc. are all behind a firewall. Opening up the firewall for Geckoboard, Ducksboard, etc. is not an option.

I know they both have APIs where I could push data to, but I don't really want to write custom REST calls for the aforementioned products.

Know of any similar dashboards where I can install locally?

2 answers

1 vote
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2018

Hello Nicole,

Dashboarding in Confluence can be great, but getting started and finding the solution you are able to use can be a bit difficult. We would suggest taking a look at the market place to see which dashboard add-ons are already available for Confluence to use now. A quick search displays 37 dashboards items within Confluence.

Here are those Search Results.

With those results listed, I did not see anything specific for Git and/or Splunk. With that said, it looks as though your option to create dashboards for Git and Splunk are going to be left to custom API calls.

I have had previous success with making API calls and storing some data within SQL sources and the pulling the data back out via SQL statements to display as a dashboard. This method does require a lot of tooling and is supported only in-house and with the use of additional add-ons. For the data you are attempting to go after, you will most likely need to work on developing your own API calls to re-display the data in a dashboard format. This options will only work on server however and will not be available for the cloud offering.

I hope you find this useful and it helps to clarify custom dashboarding.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

0 votes
Sami Linnanvuo {Screenful}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 4, 2020

@elegantitweb I suggest to take a look at the Screenful Dashboard for Jira. We can provide a docker package for on-premises hosting. 

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2020

Hello @Sami Linnanvuo {Screenful} ,

Thanks for providing the additional details and the alternate solution offered, this is great.

However we just wanted to give a quick heads up in regards to the partner guidelines viewable here. Particularly the portion on properly identifying yourself as a Partner Vendor:

Identify yourself as a partner: Make sure the user is aware you are affiliated with a partner company; for example, by placing the name of your company in your user name in {curly brackets} or -dashes- (note that regular brackets no longer work and have been automatically converted to dashes). If you are mentioning your own products or services, make sure you include wording to make it clear that you are affiliated with the company providing those products or services.

In relation to this comment, you are 90% of the way there, however we ask that you make the following tweaks per the guidelines for future posts.  

First you do have the Vendor name listed in your user name but we ask that all Partner vendors standardize the naming convention using the format of having {curly brackets} or -dashes- surrounding the Partner name portion as noted in the guidelines.

Additional please make sure to note in the comment as well that you are a member of Screenful so there is no question on your affiliation as a partner in connection to recommendation of the tool as a solution.

Regards,
Earl

Sami Linnanvuo {Screenful}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 4, 2020

Hi @Earl McCutcheon I've added the curly brackets as you suggested. Regarding mentioning the affiliation, it's already there in the original message: "We can provide..." Or is that not clear enough?

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events