Descending alphabetical order for sort of articles. New on top. Edited

I have been reading up on confluence sort order, because putting the pages at the bottom feels like it is self defeating to me, and eventually this means you have to scroll and scroll for new articles once your confluence is full of articles.  If new articles were to appear on top, then scrolling is not needed.

Can anyone contribute to this feature request for confluence?  Anything I have forgotten?  Any other sort orders that you would like to see for new articles?

Current sort order functionality:  manual, and alphabetical.

Proposed adding: descending alphabetical order

Proposed adding: user defined sort as well as admin defined sort order, so the admin can set the default view, but people can still change it if they want some other sort order.  User changes would not affect everyone else viewing the space.

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jun 29, 2017

This suggestion ticket seems to address the sorting issue - I am not sure whether you are on Confluence Cloud or Server but there are requests open for both:

Cloud: Expand page order alphabetical sort to allow reverse sort

Server: Expand page order alphabetical sort to allow reverse sort

To communicate directly with the dev team, please vote for and comment on one of those, they mention, as you pointed out, that the latest pages should be on top in the sorting order.

I have voted and watched both of those suggestions, thanks.

Both are unconfirmed, and not accepted, but I can confirm this feature would make me very happy!  

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

460 views 6 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you