Delete multiple pages in Confluence - how to?

Hi All,

do you know a method for erasing 100+ pages in Confluence? We don't see now any other options than deleting the pages one by one.

Could you please help?

Thanks in advance,

Rumi

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Davin Studer Community Champion Apr 08, 2014
I would echo the WebDAV suggestion. Another would be the Confluence command line interface.

And echo the command line interface for sure.

Hi,

many thanks for the suggestion!

Hi Rumi (great name by the way!),

If you feel comfortable with SQL, you can do that with Confluence SQL commands, see here. But I would try that in test/dev to make sure you are deleting the right things with right query.

You can alternatively set Webdav in Confluence and browse to the pages via OS like Windows or Linux, see here.

Hope these help.

Mehmet

Many thanks Mehmet!

Create a temp space. You can move multiple pages at a time to the temp space. Then just delete that space.

Hi Rumi,

With our Page Tree Eraser Plugin you can delete a page tree or multi-pages in one go. And the best is, it does it in a very save way. The tree gets moved to the Trash Bin Space from where it could be recovered again. Additionally you can restrict the functionality to groups and users.

Marketplace Link: Page Tree Eraser.

Regards,
Stephan

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

281 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you