Delete multiple Confluence Groups at once

Sean Savoy August 13, 2014

Our instance of Confluence is pointed at an external LDAP directory that contains several hundred LDAP groups. We are using the auto-provisioning feature that provisions/creates a new user account in Confluence when the user successfully authenticates against the external directory. Along with the user accounts, all the users' LDAP groups are imported into Confluence as well.

All well and good, as this is the user provisioning solution we want. However, in hindsight it's clear that we chose the wrong LDAP directory and now have several hundred LDAP Groups that clutter the management interface. Going forward we have implemented a Group filter (LDAP query) in Confluence that will ensure we only import the LDAP groups we want. But we still need to delete all the excess Confluence Groups. Is there a way to delete multiple groups at once instead of going one-by-one through the admin user interface?

We would certainly appreciate any thoughts. Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2014

I'm not sure whether this will work or not. But make sure you have not allowed Confluence to edit the LDAP. You can then use Confluence CLI (https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/CSOAP/Confluence+Command+Line+Interface) to delete them all at a go.

Sean Savoy September 10, 2014

The Confluence Command Line Interface add-on appears to be a solid option, however I do not have any information at this time about whether CLI supports the specific "mass delete" functionality we are interested in. I have passed the CLI option along to the team managing our instance of Confluence, but for now we have decided not to pursue this inquiry further. Timothy, thank you for the lead. Perhaps in the future, we will dive back in and take a deeper look.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events