Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete all Confluence Cloud data and start again

Glenn Rice January 12, 2021

With the recent changes to Atlassian licensing, I would like to start my Confluence Cloud account from scratch with a backup of my on-prem Confluence.

I can delete all spaces except the "main" or "default" Confluence Space. I need to delete it as the backup file needs to create a space with the same name/key.

How can I delete all Confluence content and start again but keep the same subdomain?

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

Hi @Glenn Rice , 

perhaps this page in the Confluence Documentation can help you with this: Reset and delete all data from your cloud site . 

- Tessa

Glenn Rice January 12, 2021

Thanks for the reply. I've actually tried that, but it takes several months to actually delete the data and that gets rid of the site and subdomain as well.

I thought there might be a way I can do straight away... it's not that I'm going to stop using Confluence.

I just want to clear the data and start the site again, but keep using it and it's URL.

Perhaps, there is no way and I need to pick a new site name/sub-domain?

Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

Hi @Glenn Rice ,

If the above article doesn't work for you, you can also reach out to Atlassian Support and they can delete the data.

Best,
Clark

Like Tessa Tuteleers likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders