It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Delete Own Permission in Conflience is not available

We are running latest version of Confluence Cloud instance.  I am trying to set permissions for a user to have "delete own" permission as stated in the online documentation. 

The problem?  I have, see and can edit every other permission but that one.  Delete Own does not show up on the page.  

I have confirmed I have site admin permissions.  

What am i missing?  Was this removed in a newer version?

5 answers

The "delete own" function i a very powerful feature in the server instance. Can you guys include this in the roadmap for cloud? 

+1 for this feature

Is it possible to get an answer? 
As cloud users too, we need to be able to have users delete a page they just created. The alternatives are aweful:

a) The users get the right to delete all pages. I don't need to explain the probleme here....

b) Users need to contact an Admin for every single time they want to delete a page... 

1 vote
AnnWorley Atlassian Team Jun 01, 2018

Hi - It can be confusing because the space permissions vary between Server and Cloud.

The doc for Server does include "delete own", as you mentioned: Space Permissions Overview

But that permission is not available in Cloud, and is not on the Cloud doc: Space Permissions Overview

So there is no option on the cloud version for "delete own."  is that right?

Therefore, the practice of page restriction is what's recommended for users that want to "delete/hide" a page.  Otherwise they need permission to delete all pages.  

Is my syllogism correct?

thanks

AnnWorley Atlassian Team Jun 01, 2018

The space permission would be Delete: This can be used to let a user delete pagescomments and attachments.  

(That means their own or others'.)

A view restriction would let the user hide a page without deleting it.

I would really love to know if they are going to fix this in Cloud or not - does anyone know?  Its really REALLY bad that this is not available.....  when it is a very basic permission across even the oldest of tools....

We upgraded our Confluence subscription specifically to get this feature - only to find out it is not available on cloud despite it being listed in the cloud docs.... https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/what-are-space-permissions/

Big Ooof.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

8,341 views 6 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you