Delete Own Permission in Conflience is not available

Jonathan Marra June 1, 2018

We are running latest version of Confluence Cloud instance.  I am trying to set permissions for a user to have "delete own" permission as stated in the online documentation. 

The problem?  I have, see and can edit every other permission but that one.  Delete Own does not show up on the page.  

I have confirmed I have site admin permissions.  

What am i missing?  Was this removed in a newer version?

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Makisa Appleton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2021

Hi everyone

Just noticed that your question could do with an update for anyone that may not be aware. We released "Delete Own" permission last year in Confluence Cloud and it is now available to all. Space admins can enable it in Space Permissions for users and groups. Read more: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/Permissions-just-got-a-little-easier/ba-p/1412781

Thanks

Makisa | Senior Product Manager, Confluence Server and Data Center

6 votes
Bjoern Veith February 8, 2019

The "delete own" function i a very powerful feature in the server instance. Can you guys include this in the roadmap for cloud? 

Graeme Davidson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 25, 2019

+1

Steve Macleod February 27, 2019

+1 for this feature

Administrator June 7, 2019

+10

2 votes
Administrator June 7, 2019

Is it possible to get an answer? 
As cloud users too, we need to be able to have users delete a page they just created. The alternatives are aweful:

a) The users get the right to delete all pages. I don't need to explain the probleme here....

b) Users need to contact an Admin for every single time they want to delete a page... 

1 vote
staceyking February 26, 2020

I would really love to know if they are going to fix this in Cloud or not - does anyone know?  Its really REALLY bad that this is not available.....  when it is a very basic permission across even the oldest of tools....

1 vote
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2018

Hi - It can be confusing because the space permissions vary between Server and Cloud.

The doc for Server does include "delete own", as you mentioned: Space Permissions Overview

But that permission is not available in Cloud, and is not on the Cloud doc: Space Permissions Overview

Jonathan Marra June 1, 2018

So there is no option on the cloud version for "delete own."  is that right?

Therefore, the practice of page restriction is what's recommended for users that want to "delete/hide" a page.  Otherwise they need permission to delete all pages.  

Is my syllogism correct?

thanks

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
June 1, 2018

The space permission would be Delete: This can be used to let a user delete pagescomments and attachments.  

(That means their own or others'.)

A view restriction would let the user hide a page without deleting it.

0 votes
Lex Talionis July 28, 2020

We upgraded our Confluence subscription specifically to get this feature - only to find out it is not available on cloud despite it being listed in the cloud docs.... https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/what-are-space-permissions/

Big Ooof.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events