Databases: adding single values or a set of entries to a page

Peter Jongsma
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 18, 2024

Hi all,

At first I was very happy with the introduction of databases to Confluence. It expanded our use cases and it was very useful for keeping specific data in one place, and using it on various pages (single source).

However, since then there have been various changes to the features of the databases in Confluence, that make us reconsider the usefulness of the whole thing. Two specific changes:

1. In the first versions you could embed a single database entry value into a section of your page and it would simply display the text or link that was stored in that database. 

In the current version it includes a huge component with a single value in it, which is almost impossible to include in paragraphs.

2. When embedding a database on a page we used to be able to define filters and layout specific for that page (showing only the relevant records and fields for that context)

In the current version you are required to create a new (global) view, which makes it very hard to maintain and to keep the output of the component relevant to a page.

I can't imagine we are the only ones facing these issues (and others). Are there any concrete plans to (re-)improve the databases in confluence?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events