Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data is overwritten on confluence spreadsheet

Ripanjot Aneta March 9, 2022

I have created spreadsheet on the page and facing a small issue in the spreadsheet, I have tried many options but I am unable to resolve it.

When I save the page and check the spreadsheet on the updated page, the details in the sheet are overwritten as [object object]. And to fix it, either I have to type something on the spreadsheet or to update it as Plain Text – each time I reload the page. I have also tried saving it with option Plain text but every time I reload it moves back to automatic.

I have not copied any data on that spreadsheet, created it from Scratch.

Please let me know, how can i fix it, i need to create formulas same as excel, so need to use spreadsheet. Excel Macro is not an option for me.

c1.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2022

Hi @Ripanjot Aneta ,

Please clarify which app do you use to create spreadsheets in Confluence.

Is it our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app and its Table Spreadsheet macro or smth else?

Does this behavior repeat on other pages for other spreadsheet macros with different data?

Ripanjot Aneta March 14, 2022

Hi @Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft} ,

Thank you for your response. The app i am using on confluence is Table spreadsheet.

Yes, this behavior happened when i created a separate page and used Table Spreadsheet Macro on that page.

Another solution i tried was to use Office Excel Macro. With that the problem is that on one page I am able to use Office Excel Macro only once, if i try to add another Excel, it keeps on loading but does not finish up.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2022

Hi @Ripanjot Aneta ,

I've consulted with our developers and they told me that the most recent fix version for Cloud that was released yesterday could possibly fix the issue with the format.

I assume by the question tags that you are on Cloud - am I right?

It may take 1-3 days for all the instances to get the current version of the app, so please check the issue, for example, tomorrow.

If it still persists, please raise a support ticket here. Attach the link to your Google Drive or smth where you'll be able to upload a video for us to watch what exactly is done from your side - unfortunately we still can't reproduce the issue for Cloud (used automatic text, tried to wrap text, etc. - everything seems fine).

What concerns the Excel macro, it's a standard Confluence macro. And as far as I know you should be able to use several macros on the page - there are no any limitations. So, it's also a very strange behavior.

Ripanjot Aneta March 15, 2022

Hi @Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft} ,

Thanks a lot for helping out.

I will wait for 1-3 days and see if it is fixed. Yes, i am on Cloud.

It would be a great help for me if it fixes.

I will update you once i see any change or not.

Have a great day!

0 votes
alexander pataki September 23, 2022

Unfortunately we have the same problem on Data Center. Any new informations on this? Updating the App does not help. :)

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2022

Hi @alexander pataki ,

As we do not encounter similar requests from our customers at the moment, please raise a support ticket.

Attach the page storage format (upper right corner -> menu ... -> View storage format) - we'll recreate exactly your page and look into the issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events