Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard instead of login screen

Thomas Egger May 18, 2017

Hey guys,

can somebody please explain me why a Confluence installation does not show the login screen but displays the dashboard, even though I'm logged out?

Is there an option I have not known about yet?

Regards,

Thomas

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2017

Hi Thomas,

you can allow anonymous access to your Confluence spaces and pages. If you have some of these public spaces, your users do not have to log in. So, if you show them just a login screen, they don't know what to do.

But you're right, I sometimes have (mostly new) users calling me, because they don't see their information. Usually they are not logged in, and they didn't find the login function in the upper right corner.  

Thomas Egger May 18, 2017

Hi Thomas,

there are no spaces with public access and under "Global permissions" it is turned off, too.

The problem is that users see the dashboard but they should be redirected to the login screen.

Alexey_Omelchenko November 20, 2019

Thomas, did you manage to resolve the problem?

Thomas Egger November 20, 2019

Honestly I can not remember the exact case anymore. Maybe it had something to do with a linked Knowledgebase for Jira Service Desk or something similar.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events