Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DACI vs Decision blueprint in Confluence, what is the difference?

Kit (Contractor) Dwyer December 19, 2018

What is the difference between choosing to create a Decision page vs a DACI page in a Confluence Space?  Are they tied together? Does one have more features than the other? 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kesha Thill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2019

Hi @Kit (Contractor) Dwyer

@Kalos Bonasia is correct - the DACI helps define roles when beginning a project or making a decision. The Decision page, is an outline to help you record the outcome of decisions (we are actually making updates to this template soon to make it more useful). 

If it helps, the way we tend to use the two internally is as follows:

DACI - anytime I put together a project 1-pager or any type of planning page, I add a DACI table at the top of the page (2 rows, 5 columns) where the headers are Driver, Approver, Contributors, Informed, and Status and the second row is where I at-mention the appropriate people. I use this very often.

Decision - anytime we are trying to make a decision as a team that requires multiple inputs, we'll use this template. For example, "should we deprecate this feature" or "how should we restructure the website" - these decisions likely require input from multiple people, so we create a Decision page where those people can add questions, opinions, and feedback. Once we come to a conclusion, we note it on the page so if anyone needs to understand how we got to the decision, it's all there for them to review for themselves. Like I said above, we are redoing this template soon to mirror how we use it internally, so hopefully it will become more clear on how to use once it's live!

Hope that helps!

barnesy January 20, 2019

Hey @Kesha Thill, long time no speak ;) I can't seem to find the Team Playbook templates in Marketplace for Confluence Cloud, nor in our instance. Are these still available somewhere? I am looking for DACI and Project Poster.

Like # people like this
Kesha Thill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2019

@barnesy!! Long time indeed - happy new year! 

I'm working with playbook team to figure out why they've gone missing from Marketplace - will follow up once I find out. DACI is being built for cloud right now though, so you should see it come through in a week or so.

Hope you've been well! We miss ya over here!

Like # people like this
Deleted user August 19, 2020

Is there a RACI / DACI matrix (responsibility assignment matrix) template for confluence as well?

The DACI template does not have the matrix / table where you would get an overview of all the DACI deciscion outcomes and correspoinding responsibility and role assignments does it? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responsibility_assignment_matrix#Assigning_people_to_facilities

0 votes
Consulente Atlassian December 30, 2018

Driver, Approver, Contributor, and Informed

The main purpose of the DACI model is to clarify roles in a way that makes it clear who has approval authority, who needs to be consulted before a decision is made and who needs to be informed once a decision has been made.

It is used in Six Sigma projects and in other project management applications and can be used for general business operations as well.

As you consider whether a group decision needs the full-on DACI treatment, take the timeliness and impact into account.

Decisions that affect the work of multiple people on the project (e.g. "Where should we hold our user conference next year?") probably need a DACI.

Smaller, isolated decisions do not.

The Decisions blueprint (in Confluence) helps you make (a generic) decisions and record the outcomes with your team.

Kit (Contractor) Dwyer January 29, 2019

Thank you for your response, Kalos Bonasia. Have you ever combined these two formats or linked one to the other? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events