Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing Header and Footer by Space?

Charisma Riley September 15, 2018

I see only a global way within the Confluence admin panel to set Header and Footer (and no Sidebar customization, btw?) for the the entire Confluence site. Is there no way to set these adjustments just per Space?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Aaron Williams
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2018

If you're the admin of a given space, then you also have access to a footer/header page in the space settings.

Any space layout customizations will override the equivalent site customizations

More here - it does say you also need site or system admin privileges, but I can't verify the opposite for space specific at the moment (no access to laptop right now)

Mireille Gennaro February 5, 2020

@Aaron Williams Hi - I am trying to follow these steps to customize the footer and I have not been able to. I've tried using wiki markup and no markup -- but still, no results are displayed when I populate the header or footer. I'm trying to reach someone who can help. 

Capture.PNG

Like Cory A likes this
Mireille Gennaro February 11, 2020

@Aaron Williams - can you please assist? I am having trouble utilizing the footer under Space Settings. I want my company's copyright statement to appear but all of my attempts have been futile. 

Like Cory A likes this
Emy Sassier July 21, 2022

Hi! I'm trying to do the same thing (using the PDF layout, but I can use Layout if needed), did you ever find out how to do that?

Philippe PEREZ July 25, 2022

You are not looking at the correct position.

What is in this grey part of the screen can't be modified within the GUI. If you really want to put something there you need to modify the file  <INSTALL_DIR>/confluence/decorators/includes/footer-content.vm

The footer that you can modify in the GUI is the located between the bottom of the page and the grey footer. But it is still part of the page, so not visible when you are not on a regular page (like the dashboard or in the editor).

0 votes
Charisma Riley September 16, 2018

That was exactly what I needed to know, and I found it! Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events