cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize or replace RTE for comments

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2012

I would like to customize (no Insert menu for instance) the RTE for fill comments. Is there a way to customize the actual RTE or replace it with the tinyRTE just for submitting comments?

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2012

They are the same. They are both using the TinyMCE RTE. But the answers site must use some different styles (you can style them just like you'd style any other object with CSS) -- for example, to hide the paragraphy styling drop down and to add the different images.

If you go here, you can see lots of options for styling it:

http://www.tinymce.com/

hth,

matt

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 7, 2012

Adolfo, if you figure this out, I'd love to hear about it. I've been wanting to do a similar thing but haven't had the time to investigate.

There's a couple moving parts here that are frustratingly unclear: you can get at the $rte object in the Comments Layout, which tells me you could try and replace it with your own or another one, but how to reference a custom object eludes me. Here's teh relevant line:

#macro (displayCommentForm $formname $actionParams $pageId $rte)

Also, you can edit the comments' VM directly, but again, it's not clear how you would pull in a thirdparty RTE.

matt

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 7, 2012

I would like to use the RTE like this one on this site to submitt this comment, but in Confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events